[Sig] Re: Question

jeff zartler jacaz@fast.net
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:39:19 -0400

I'll take a wack at it.

Mount both partitions, I'll call them /mnt1 and /mnt2

lets say that /mnt1 is in your development install and /mnt2 is in your
workstation install

ls -R /mnt1 > ~/mnt1.txt
ls -R /mnt2 > ~/mnt2.txt
diff ~/mnt1.txt ~/mnt2.txt > ~/unique.txt

I think this would give you a list of the files which are unique to each
filesystem.  Maybe a large list of files.

You could copy those files which are unique to /mnt2 over to /mnt1 and then
edit your fstab for the workstation install substituting /mnt1 for /mnt2

Sounds like too much work.  There has to be a better way to do this ...
anybody?

Jeff