[Lvlug] Re: Church Server Project: 19 Dec 2001 Update
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:01:08 -0500
Last night during class I got this done for the rest of the computers
(except the Compaqs):
> * Found and fixed the problem with the hosts file, so we can now surf
> to www.christunited.org. (I screwed up -- I used Notepad to create the
> file which defaults to adding a .txt extension, and Windows Explorer was
> set to not display extensions for registered files, so I didn't notice
> the extension.) (Fixed on the computers on the "back" tables and the
> "front" table on the right as you go in the door (except the Compaqs).)
Not much else -- I did telnet into the server from another work station,
changed permissions on some TWiki files which did not improve anything.
I'll probably concentrate on setting things up on my home server before
doing much more at the church -- the server (and network) is in a
workable condition for web browsing.