[Lvlug] Fixed my phone problem

Mark mstanley@technologist.com
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 21:27:02 -0500

Linc -

  Just wanted to say that I fixed my problem with trying to use two modems to
dial on the same line.  Although your answer to the problem wasn't the whole
ball of wax it was the primary step I needed to complete the hack.

  The main problem is that when a phone goes off-hook the line voltage drops
from @60 volts down to 5 volts.  When a pulse phone dials it actually bounces
the voltage from 5 back up to 60 and the number of pulses is the number dialed.

  So after I followed your idea I just added a switch that allowed me to remove
the tone dialing modem temporarily while my pulse modem dialed.  After the
pulse phone completes its dialing I switch the other modem back in and cancel
the call from the pulse modem.

  Works like a champ.  Thanks

-Mark