[Lvlug] I'm getting tired of RedHat

dann s washko danns@fast.net
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 00:11:08 -0500

My upgrade from 6.2 to 7.0 was very short lived, so I did not get the time
to fully explore any problems other than the initial Kernel recompiling
issues I had.  Before I learned to use kgcc, I blew out my RedHat and did
a clean install of 6.2.  After learning how to recompile the kernel in
7.0, I did a clean install of 7.0.  I have teetered on the edge of going
back to 6.2 a few times (tftp not working, some difficulty compiliing
programs which I cannot be sure that RH is to blame) but have not done so,
and probably won't.  If I do anything, I think I am more likely to go
Slack.

Before making all these changes, I did upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1, and then
to 6.2 without any problems other than having to reconfigure some stuff
like networking and samba.

I have not seen anything regarding the syslogger on RedHat's updates or on
any of the RH 7.0 forums.