[Linux4christians] B7 - Wednesday - Titus 2:9– 15

dcolburn at bibleseven.com dcolburn at bibleseven.com
Tue Apr 3 22:44:19 EDT 2012

    Wednesday

      Titus 2:9– 15

2:9 Slaves are to be subject to their own masters in everything, to do
what is wanted and not talk back,

2:10 not pilfering, but showing all good faith, in order to bring credit
to the teaching of God our Savior in everything.

2:11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all people.

2:12 It trains us to reject godless ways and worldly desires and to live
self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age,

2:13 as we wait for the happy fulfillment of our hope in the glorious
appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

2:14 He gave himself for us to set us free from every kind of
lawlessness and to purify for himself a people who are truly his, who
are eager to do good.

2:15 So communicate these things with the sort of exhortation or rebuke
that carries full authority. Don’t let anyone look down on you.

      Prayer

Lord, You are most concerned about our integrity - which earns us the
opportunity to be witnesses to Your power in our lives – regardless of
circumstances. May I not excuse wrong choices based on difficult
circumstances.

      Summary & Commentary

Paul did not endorse slavery, he merely addressed the right-living of
one who found themselves in bondage (before or after salvation).

He argued that one must live rightly before the Lord God and therefore
also before man.

Paul reminded Titus that we are to see ourselves as the saved children
of the Lord God and to therefore press-away the things of the world that
would dirty us.

He concluded with encouragement for Titus to speak boldly, to not fear
criticism, and to promote truth and challenge falsehoods.

      Interaction

        Consider

The Lord God does not want careless and worldly children who are
useless, or worse, as instruments to bring His Gospel to the unsaved.

        Discuss

How might your fellowship, especially the leaders, improve their
exhortation and pursuit of purity?

        Reflect

No matter how difficult ones circumstances one always has choices.

        Share

When have you observed a leader who exhorted and rebuked, walked toward
purity, and refused to allow difficulties to be an excuse for careless
living?

      Faith in Action

        Prayer:

Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you a challenging situation which may
become an opportunity to be a witness for Christ.

        Action:

Today I will choose to rise above my circumstances, in the power of the
Holy Spirit, and be a living-witness to the Lord God in my life.

    Thursday's text will be:

      Titus 3:1-7

--

Draw nearer to the Lord and He will bless you,
David M. Colburn, DMin. MaCo