[Linux4christians] Scripture Memorisation
THORPB at uk.ibm.com
Tue Oct 6 08:53:59 EDT 2009
I've recently been getting back into a bit of scripture memorisation, but
I was disappointed to discover that there is a distinct lack of decent
FLOSS software to aid in the process. To this end, I have been working on
a small pygtk app that will aid in the learning of scripture. It's very
much in alpha at the moment, but if anyone would like to do some testing,
please drop me a mail offlist to mrben -at- jedimoose -dot- org then I
will furnish you with a copy.
Features (in it's current state)
1. 3 tabbed approach - 1 for managing all your verses, 1 for learning
verses on a scheduled basis, and 1 for quizzes (not yet implemented)
2. Verses pulled from the sword project (using diatheke, which you need to
have installed, currently only the ESV, but plan on changing that soon)
3. Comes with "top 100 verses to memorise" preloaded
4. Schedules can be daily, twice weekly, weekly, fornightly or monthly.
Learning tab gradually removes words from the verse as you move through
1. Quiz will feature automatic quizzes ("fill in the blanks", "guess the
reference from the verse", etc) and the ability to create your own quizzes
2. Panel applet to pop up the verse each morning
Even if you're not interested in testing, please let me know of any
features you think should be in there.
Oh, and I could do with a really catchy name....
Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Linux4christians